Dr. Brian Kinney is a reputable and skilled board certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Brian Kinney academic training was received at some of the best institutions in the country. Doctor Brian Kinney earned his bachelor’s degree and master’s degree after completing the Harvard/MIT Health Sciences and Technology program. Dr. Brian Kinney then went on to attend medical school at Tulane University and was further trained in general surgery and plastic surgery at UCLA in Los Angeles.
Brian Kinney MD Career Achievements
A Past President of the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation of the US and a current Board Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Brian Kinney is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of numerous organizations in medicine, science and engineering, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF), the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS), the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IPRAS), the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), the AMA and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAAS). Dr. Brian Kinney is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at USC School of Medicine, Dr. Brian Kinney has served on the Editorial Board of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal since 1997. Dr. Brian Kinney has won several awards for his professional work, presents and teaches at national and international meetings, Doctor Brian Kinney also serves as a consultant to biotech and engineering companies, and continues to author articles in many journals and textbooks.
Dr. Brian Kinney has appeared on ABC network's Nightline, Fox Network's Extra, CNN, Hard Copy, The Discovery Channel, most of the local Los Angeles news television stations and all of the four major national news networks. Brian Kinney MD has been featured on radio and in numerous newspapers, including the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, London Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal. Journalists from Vogue, Glamour, Allure, Newsweek, Spa Magazine and many others have interviewed Doctor Brian Kinney about plastic surgery, cosmetic and beauty treatments. Doctor Brian Kinney has also presented/interviewed on radio, television and in newspapers in Europe, Russia, Asia, South and Central America, and has been featured in documentary films. Doctor Brian Kinney has performed live surgery and injections for teaching conferences in worldwide locations, such as Moscow, Copenhagen, Vienna, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, Belgrade, Buenos Aires and Mumbai (India).
During the Bosnian war, Doctor Brian Kinney led surgical relief missions and was received in the Presidential Palace in Zagreb, Croatia. Brian Kinney MD has also volunteered and organized surgical relief missions in Mexico. With years of experience, Doctor Brian Kinney remains sought for teaching at national and international conferences, as well as consulting for various biotech and engineering companies. Dr. Brian Kinney has authored numerous articles for journals, magazines and co-edited a new 2,000 page, standard textbook of Plastic Surgery. His work in the fields of plastic surgery and technology has garnered Dr. Brian Kinney many awards and placed him in the group of the world's most well-known top plastic surgeons.
Dr. Brian Kinney Professional AffiliationsDr. Brian Kinney is a staff member of many major hospitals in West Los Angeles, such as St. John’s Hospital and Health Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Olympia Medical Center. Dr. Brian Kinney is a member of many professional and medical organizations:
- Brian Kinney MD is a Board Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Brian Kinney MD is a Former Board Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Brian Kinney MD is a Past President, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) of the US
- Brian Kinney MD is a Parliamentarian, Board of Directors Member, International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (IPRAS)
- Brian Kinney MD is on the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- Brian Kinney MD is a Chairman of the Board, National Endowment for Plastic Surgery (NEPS)
- Brian Kinney MD is a Former Chief of Plastic Surgery, Century City Hospital, Los Angeles
- Brian Kinney MD is a Former Clinical Chief of Hand Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles
- Brian Kinney MD is a Former Chairman of the Educational Technology Committee of the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF)
- Brian Kinney MD is a Member of the Innovative Procedures Committee of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Brian Kinney MD is chairman of the Board of Trustees (ASPS)
Dr. Brian Kinney Curriculum Vitae
For more detailed information on Dr. Brian Kinney’s medical training and background, please see Dr. Brian Kinney Curriculum Vitae.